Saturday, March 27, 2010

Pop Up Pancakes

One of our favorites is Pop Up Pancakes.

We love to eat Breakfast for Dinner. It’s easy and I have all the ingredients.

This idea came from Ebilskiver's. I like to make those too, they are smaller puffs. I took that recipe & put a little twist on them by cooking these in muffin tins. They cook up as little bigger puff balls and are easy for the kids to eat.
Also they make more at one time then my Ebilskiver's pan makes. Both are good though. I will post Ebilskivers soon, since perhaps I've aroused your curiousity.\

Pop-Up Pancake Recipe – makes 24 muffins or fills a 9×13 baking pan.
  1. 1 cup milk 
  2. 1 cup flour 
  3. 6 eggs 
  4. 1/4 cup melted butter 
  5. dash salt 

  6. Preheat oven at 400* 
I like to blend all the ingredients in my blender. I have tried to whisk it or even use the electic mixer, but it seems to get the most smooth with a blender. Then grease your muffin tins.  
Now they are ready for toppings. We love syrup, powdered sugar, and fruit. You could even use fresh Strawberry Jam, or Apple Butter. We usually load it all on and dive in.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment