Saturday, March 27, 2010

PLASTIC WRAP - DO'S & DON'T

Do you use plastic wrap? Or are you like me that you only buy the stuff if you really think you might need it for a certain project?

Well I'm here to tell you a friend of mine was over and I had an old box of the Press & Seal kind... I was going on about how much I hate the stuff and then she said... Did you know that you can FREEZE it and it makes it easier to use. So I tried in and voila she was right ... makes a night and day difference and then there's a lot to be said about how great this stuff really is.

Tho I must note, NEVER ever microwave plastic wrap! It drips poisonous chemicals into your foods, that has been linked to low sperm count in men and breast cancer in women! This goes for plastic containers too, always heat things in the microwave in glass! Also never boil plastic bags.

I had a great tip from my sister on making ziploc omelets - as great as this worked and as easy as it was to make for a large group at one time (and even fun for the kids to do) NEVER boil plastic bags, because they aren't developed to be heated beyond a certain temperature and again leak hazardous poisions into food!

No comments:

Post a Comment