Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hot Vanilla



Last night I was craving something hot.  I am not a coffee drinker, just do not like that stuff on any level, not even the foo foo drinks my girlfriends drink! The night before I tried some hot Tea, but really that's not my thing either. I LOVE hot chocolate, but let's face it, its not great to drink that every night thru the winter, or I'm going to pick up some extra pounds.  After all... the day is finally over and I'm typically ready to collapse at this point.  Anyhow... my cravings were getting the best of me, when I had the idea, to take some French Vanilla Coffee Mate, and add it to milk.  I have one of those Bialetti Hot Chocolate makers, and trust me it is worth every dime. It makes THE BEST Hot Chocolate on earth, which is far superior to Hot Cocoa (which btw.. are really two entirely different things) nonetheless it also makes many other things, and last night I decided to go with the vanilla coffee Mate as is fat free, next time I will have to look into getting the low sugar.



Here's what I did,

10oz of 1% milk
1/4C French Vanilla Coffee mate
2tbsp of Malt Powder
mini marshmallows (optional)



Turn it on, and voila, it was literally scrumptions without the guilt. OMG, I could see drinking this every night.  Now if you don't have a Bialetti maker  to do this in, you could do the same thing with a pot on the stove, warm up the milk, add the ingredients, and stir well.  It won't be as frothy as the maker, but i'm guessing it will still be mighty delicious for a night cap without the guilt. 

I'm also betting that a little bit of white chocolate Godiva liquer could take this drink to a whole new level!  (Actually made it again tonight so I could add pics, & put the Godiva in, & YUM-O!)

Serve with or without mini marshmallows on top and even a little bit of fresh nutmeg, that stuff screams holiday goodness. :)

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment