Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blowing thru the JASMINE in my mind...........

I'm not sure anyone really knows how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of fresh Jasmine.  There is something about that scent that is completely intoxicating to me.  For some reason it reminds me of vacation.  As soon as I smell it I perk up and am in a better place. 

Awhile ago when shopping for vitamins, I found they also sold essential oils there.  Low & behold they had the Jasmine Essential Oil.  Open the cap and Mmmm the smell takes me to that place instantly.  It was 7.99 fo the bottle, which at first glance might seem like a lot, but you only have to use drops or half drops when putting it on. At first I was rubbing it on my wrist everyday, crazy I know but if it makes you happy well... you know the rest. DO IT

So yesterday I was at Michaels picking up more silver paint for my hutch redo, and I found these little spray bottles.  I immediately thought, perfect size.. I can make some homemade air freshner!

So in literally less than 5minutes this morning. I gathered a 3 items, the bottle, vodka, & the Jasmine oil.

I put about 20drops of Jasmine oil in the bottom of the bottle, then I took some old cheap Vodka, and poured it in the same bottle, shake well, and let sit for a minute. 

Voila, a really inexpensive air freshner or perfume, that I can't get enough of.  :)

The awesome thing with this recipe is, essential oils come in all scents.  Many have aromatherapy benefits.  Choose the one you love and follow the steps above. 

These would also make inexpensive hostess gifts, etc.  Get a pretty bottle, make a nice label, a little bit of ribbon. Today I went down the Vodka aisle at the grocery store and found you can get quite a nice size bottle for 3.99.  A bottle that size along with some essential oil could make several dozens of these. 

I so love this project. My whole house smells like fresh vacation.  I'm thinking I'm going to go back and pick up some lemon oil.  Another clean fresh smell I love.  Lavendar would be great in guest room, as Lavendar provides a cozy and restful benefit. 

If you try this, let me know what scents of essentials oils you love best.  Now I'm going to start looking for some pretty bottles, so I can keep this all over the house.  Can you tell I'm in love. :)


NOTE:  Another quick way to use a few drops of essential oil is to put it on a cotton ball and then wipe on to your lightbulbs. When your turn on the light, it will emit the smell.  Also works on candles, sprinkle a little bit and when you light them, it will also give off the scent.

Great Green way to freshen up your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment