Sunday, April 25, 2010

Honey & Hot Water.... does it make you better?


I wasn't feeling today, and my sweet honey brought me a cup of hot water with a tsp of honey in it, swearing that it would make me feel better.  He said his Grandma always gave this to him when he was a boy and it worked. Not being a big honey fan, but very grateful that he cared enough to take the time to think of me. I drank it, kind of slowly but I did drink it.  I'm not sure if it really helped me but I did like the hot part, it seemed to soothe me from the inside. 

I did a little checking on it and it does appear that honey has amazing bacteria-killing properties, which supposedly increase two fold when mixed with water. 

So what do you think.... has this ever worked for you? Weigh in, how has HONEY helped you when you aren't feeling well?


I also learned that...
To make one pound of honey, a swarm of honeybees flies about 24,000 miles
 and visits 3 to 9 million flowers. Yes another reason to bee thankful! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment