Tuesday, January 25, 2011

SPINACH SCALLOP HEAVEN


Add to skillet

8 scallops
...1 capful evoo


½ Lemon – squeeze juice in pan & on scallops before cooking
(if you warm the lemon for 20sec in microwave it makes the lemon juicier.)

Garlic powder, black pepper, Sicilian spice, light dashes to taste directly on the scallops. Lightly brown 5-6min total (don't overcook)

Splash of wine (I used Moscato I had on hand) (about 2tbsp if I measured)

Stir & get all the bits off the bottom of the pan.
Then add 1 dollop of Greek Yogurt (Fage) non fat plain (about 1tbsp if I measured)
stir quickly it will clot together to look sort of like parmesan cheese.

Run scissors over Chives ends twice (about 1tbsp if measured)
add this at the end right before taking scallops out of pan.

1 -2cups fresh spinach leaves in bowl
Smidge of reduced fat feta cheese crumbles (it was so good w/out not really needed) (2tsp if measured)

1can tomatoes (Kroger brand w/oregano, basil, garlic in can) I pour in a Ziploc bag & then just used 3 spoonfuls over the dish.



That was it! It was so good, I was slurping the broth at the end!! Lol

Nutrient breakdown per serving

according to “My Fitness Pal” iphone app –



140 calories

1g fat

35 cholesterol

301 sodium

8.7 carbs

2 g fiber

1g sugar

25.5 protein

60% Vitamin A

34.5% Vitamin C

10.5% Calcium

2% iron

No comments:

Post a Comment